BETA RR480 4T RACING EFI 2022
RR 480 Racing MY 2022
This bike best expresses itself in wide open spaces. Its characteristics are like the 430 model but with even greater torque and power, suitable for more expert and physically fit riders.
ADR and LAMS compliant in all Australian states and territories.
Racing like never before!
Spring is here and conditions are prime for the most hardcore enduro enthusiasts to be getting out there to put the new RR Racing MY 2022 range through its paces!
The Enduro GP championship is drawing to a close and Beta’s riders are more focused than ever on getting the best out of their bikes. So, what better time than this for Beta to give you the chance to own a race-ready version of the MY 2022 RR 2ST-4ST range launched in June.
In keeping with Betamotor Italy traditions, the bikes of the RR Racing range come complete with everything needed to transform the Enduro models of the Tuscan brand into machines that are race-ready for the toughest conditions and the most competitive events.
For the MY 2022 version, the engineers at Betamotor Italy have worked on developing upgrades for both the suspension and the engine, while achieving weight savings and keeping all the styling and functional details you would expect from a Racing version from Beta.
As with the standard version, the racing range is also made up of 8 different models, each with its own unique character and strengths.
In keeping with the pure racing traditions of Beta, each bike in the MY 2022 RR Racing range differs from the respective standard bike in a number of different aspects: with a series of racing parts shared across the range, such as handguards and components in red anodised alloy, and certain specific elements for each model. Let’s take a look at these in detail.
For all models
- Quick-release front axle: immediately recognisable by the red anodised alloy release lever, this component is crucial for saving precious seconds in a race when you need to change a tyre.
- Red Vertigo handguards: the sturdy structure of these parts combined with eye-catching “in mould” graphics make them must-have accessories for off-road riding.
- Metzeler tyres: the bikes of the Racing range are fitted with the same tyres used by the official team riders in the Enduro GP championship. High-end products with championship-winning levels of grip!
- Machined alloy footpegs: when riding an enduro bike on a competitive level, you’re constantly changing the position of your body. So it’s essential that the contact points between you and the bike offer impeccable levels of grip. For your feet, this is ensured by racing footpegs with a large contact area in black machined alloy and with sturdy steel foot peg pins.
- Rear sprocket with anodised aluminium core and steel teeth by ZF: top-class performance, lightness and strength – the perfect mix of all the attributes any racing component must have.
- Dedicated blue racing seat: with anti-slip gripper cover and document holder pocket for unparalleled grip, comfort and practicality.
- Anodised black gear lever and a rear brake pedal.
- Gearbox oil filler cap, engine oil filler cap and oil filter cap anodised red aluminium
- Chain tensioners in red anodised alloy.
- New Racing graphics and red rim decals.
48 mm Kayaba AOS closed cartridge fork: you can’t talk about the suspension of these bikes without mentioning the closed cartridge fork by KYB, the leading brand in Enduro for years, whose products have once again been chosen for the MY 2022 models. This product has been continuously honed and improved through collaboration between Beta and Kayaba, giving shape to a highly specialised component that not only maximises the performance of RR Racing bikes but also makes this performance even more accessible. Anodised internal parts minimise sliding friction, while adjustable compression and rebound damping let each rider find the perfect setting. Betamotor’s engineers have, however, revised the calibration of this component, mainly to improve comfort during initial compression, when shocks from the terrain are transmitted to the rider.
Engine – Traction Control
The most significant new feature in the 4-stroke range is the introduction of traction control – a first on an RR bike. Advances in motorcycle technology are giving shape to new components and systems usable even on enduro bikes, which let the rider make more effective use of the motorcycle in all possible conditions. To make the performance of its models, and of its bigger displacement bikes in particular, ever more accessible to the rider in any situation. In addition to user-selectable electronic engine management maps, Beta has now introduced a new traction control function. The TC function can be engaged at any time from a new button on the control panel in the usual position between the steering tube and the fuel tank. As both the TC function and engine map selection function are controlled from this panel, it now has two control buttons and two separate indicator LEDs for the two functions.
The RR 480 Racing is road legal, ADR approved and LAMS compliant in all Australian states and territories.
Available in Australia from January.
|FRAME||Molybdenum steel with double cradle split above the exhaust post|
|WHEEL BASE||1477 mm|
|MAX LENGTH||2167 mm|
|MAX WIDTH||815 mm|
|MAX HEIGHT||1270 mm|
|SEAT HEIGHT||930 mm|
|GROUND CLEARANCE||325 mm|
|FOOTREST HEIGHT||410 mm|
|WEIGHT (DRY)||94.0 kg (Front 45.0 kg / Rear 49.0 kg)|
|FUEL TANK||9.5 L|
|COOLING SYSTEM||1.3 L|
|FRONT SUSPENSION||Hydraulic USD Frok with ø 48mm shaft|
|REAR SUSPENSION||Monoshock with progressive compound lever|
|SHOCK ABSORBER STROKE||135mm|
|FRONT WHEEL TRAVEL||295mm|
|REAR WHEEL TRAVEL||290mm|
|FRONT BRAKE||Wave disc ø260 mm and double-piston floating caliper|
|REAR BRAKE||Wave disc ø240 mm and single-piston floating caliper|
|FRONT RIM||21 x 1,6 – 36 fori|
|FRONT TYRE||90/90 – 21|
|REAR RIM||18 x 1,85 – 36 fori|
|REAR TYRE||120/90 -18|
|TYPE||Single cylinder 2 stroke liquid cooled|
|EXHAUST VALVE||BPV system|
|IGNITION||AC Kokusan – Digital CDI|
|SPARK PLUG||NGK BR9ECMVX|
|INDUCTION SYSTEM||Induction reed|
|CARBURETTOR||Keihin PWK 36|
|CLUTCH||Wet multi-disc with reverse opening|
|ENGINE OIL||SAE 10W/40|